Learner Permits & Probationary Licence Lessons
Call 0419 902 344
Welcome to Academy Driving School
In order for us to achieve the best service and efficiency, here are some rules and regulations that apply to all students of the driving school.
- Please ensure you have your learner’s permit/ existing driver’s license with you when attending a lesson together with your log book.
- All students are expected to be ‘ready to go’ 10 minutes prior to appointment time.
- If the drop off address is different to the pickup address, or if you need to visit the ATM (payments for lessons/tests can be made by cash or credit card), please let the instructor know at the beginning of the lesson.
- Make sure your mobile is switched off before the lesson.
- All lessons and tests must be paid in full before teaching starts.
- Academy Driving School is not responsible for any delays when driving to the test centre due to traffic, road accidents or any other hazard that may occur on the day.
- Please visit the Department of Transport and Infrastructure website for further information and to book a driving test - https://online.transport.wa.gov.au/pdabooking/manage/. Bookings can also be made by calling 13 11 56.
Due to high demand for our services, you must give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice prior to any cancellation or re-scheduling of an appointment. (Failure to do so, standard lesson charge will apply). Our office hours are 8am – 6pm Mon to Fri, 9am – 5pm Sat. Tel no. 0419 902 344. Please send us an SMS or leave a message if we are unable to answer your call.
As soon as you have booked your driving test, please contact the office immediately as we need your dates and times to ensure that your instructor has you booked.
- The Dept. of Planning and Infrastructure (Tel no. 13 11 56) requires that you give more than 2 working days’ notice if you wish to cancel or reschedule a practical assessment. If you do not give enough notice, you will have to pay for another test.
- Please ensure you have suitable footwear for your lessons and driving assessment as it is a safety requirement by the D.P.I.
- It is important that you have your learner’s permit and log book (with all the hours tallied up and signed) when attending your practical driving test.
- If driving on an Extraordinary Licence, the following conditions must be followed:
- The Notice of Result of Hearing must be produced and shown to the instructor before a lesson commences
- Restricted to drive within a 100 kilometre radius of the Perth GPO
- Licence to be carried at all times whilst in control of a motor vehicle
- Comply with the Road Traffic Act and Regulations
- Not to consume drinks containing alcohol eight (8) hours prior to driving or whilst driving a motor vehicle
- Maintain and carry a log book showing time and place of departure, purpose of journey and proposed destination
- Display ‘E’ plates of the same type and dimensions and in the same manner as the ‘L and P’ plates provided for in the Traffic Regulations and as approved by The Department of Transport whilst driving
- Comply with the requirements of s. 24 (1)(b) and (c) of the Road Traffic (Authorisation to Drive) Regulations 2014.
- Not to consume alcohol at all over the duration of the Extraordinary Licence.
- Please remember not to leave personal belongings inside the vehicle. Academy Driving School will not be responsible for any items going missing.
- Further information can be obtained from the Department of Planning and Infrastructure.
Thank you for choosing Academy Driving School to drive safely.